Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Seriously. . .

This baby does not want to come out.  Right now I am 4 days overdue.  Just got back from the doctor's and he said my cervix is still closed.  On Thursday I go in for another non-stress test.  Then on Sunday night I am supposed to be induced.  Hopefully something will happen before then.
Let's talk about happier things. . . the nursery is complete!
I was going to get a new glider from Target, but my brilliant mother convinced me that a recliner would be much more comfortable!  My mom is da best!  We found this at a garage sale for $20!  The lamp was another garage sale special-- $2.50!  I painted the shade and added on the ric-rac (sp??).  Nightstand was free. Changing table was free at a garage sale.  My mom painted both!!!  

"BABY" coat hanger was also a garage sale special!  Don't remember how much.  But, I repainted that with acrylics.  That awesome diaper bag was given to me by my amazing Visiting Teacher, she made it out of a pair of my jeans and a men's dress shirt.  

Star was a garage sale find. . . 25 cents!  I painted that as well.  My mother gave me the frames for the picture things I made.  

Kiley gave me the green dinosaur, and mommy gave me the orange one!  My VT made the wooden framed pic. . . it says that Sterling is born the year of the Iron Hare and has his characteristics and traits written on it!    She threw an amazing shower--asian themed!


Sumo is compliments of Matt.  Crystal pacifier was given to us from a friend.  Cute book was from the Stephan family. . .I love them!  

3 comments:

  1. Wow your mom is so awesome!! Don't you love garage sales? I'm kind of jealous because I never really was able to prepare a nursery for any of my babies. Jay was on our room from the beginning, and after him it was sort of all downhill in the time department. I'm looking forward to buying a house and actually spending time doing some real decorating. Will probably have to wait until Jay is in school though! But everything is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! I should've looked at more garage sales. That looks awesome. You can come decorate my apartment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the room, it looks great! I am excited to hear how everything goes in the next couple of days. So Saturday at the latest...that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete